How to – Cork Floor Tiles
If you are looking for a great, green alternative to tile floors you may want to consider adding cork floor tiles to your remodeling project.
Cork floor tiles have many advantages over other types of tile floors. They are perfect if you are remodeling your kitchen or building a new home.
I am going to be building a new home soon and I was intrigued about what a cork floor would be like. To be honest, at first I thought the idea of a cork floor sounded kind of weird, but the more I researched this unique flooring option, the more I realized that this just may be the best way to go.
Here are just a few of the advantages of using cork as the flooring of choice for one or more of the rooms in your home:
1. It is “green”. No, not really green but it comes from cork oak trees and can be harvested around every nine years. The best part is that the tree is not destroyed when the cork is harvested so it is sustainable too.
2. Cork is naturally resistant to dust mites, termites, mold and mildew. These features make it a perfect choice for a home that has allergy sufferers living in it or just for a kitchen and bathroom.
3. Cork is “cushy”. It is filled with many air pockets that make it soft. For this reason, many people love to put cork floors in their kitchens and other rooms in their homes where they spend a lot of time on their feet.
4. Cork tiles come in many colors. You can even mix and match various colors to create a mosaic effect from your tiles. With so many options you won’t have any trouble finding one or more that will go great with your existing decor or your decorating scheme.
5. Cork acts as a natural sound barrier. This makes this material great for high traffic or high sound areas. No more worrying about cracking your kitchen floor when you drop a large can. No more loud noises coming from your kids rooms.
As you can see, and as I myself found out, cork isn’t just for bulletin boards anymore! It is a great surface to use for all your flooring needs and will be great in pretty much any room in your home.
No matter the overall decor of your home, no matter the style of your existing rooms and furnishings, you can find a cork tile that will add to the appeal of your rooms.
If you are thinking of building a new home, remodeling an existing home, or just replacing one or more floors in your home, you owe it to yourself to check out all that cork has to offer.
Cork floor tiles are just so feature packed it doesn’t make sense to not even consider them for your home. It can be great for your home, help reduce allergies, dampen those loud areas of your home and it’s good for the environment. What more could you ask for? read more about this topic here